Wednesday 7 May 2008

Edda- a small nod to......


(I have been sounding very flippant, so no exclamation marks today. All day. I may carry this un-punctuation thing on tomorrow. 'No Brackets Thursday' has a certain ring to it, or 'no Q's on Friday. That one would be helpful for people who drive to work.)
This piece was inspired by a lady I met for all of 5 minutes last week. An annual expo called Select (in Bath) was held for trade to go along and see the latest works from artistic showcasers. It was the first time we had been, and it was pure magic. There was so many different artist in all medias and all different styles that I could have stayed for a week just looking and chatting. One lady's work however made me stop in my tracks. I found her work exquisite and beautiful, and then we met her. She too was exquisite and beautiful. All dinky and stylish. I always feel very shy with people, so I waited until I got home, and had a good look at her website. Edda Hadley.com if anyone would like to see what I'm on about. So with her in mind I was inspired to create this Deco lovely, with her dark hair and sumptuous colours. Hope you like it.

No comments: