Sunday 12 July 2009

Bradford on Avon work in process



(Silent scream.) This painting still needs a large amount of work doing to it.... and I have to give it in midweek. Guess who'll be painting through the night again then? I think a small ripple of applause for the person who came up with fast drying oil paints. The paints caught me off guard to start with (...easily done...) with the drying times. They act like a slow acrylic, and areas were setting before I had a chance to 'do my thing' which was quite unnerving. I don't like to be rushed at some things but I have struck up a working relationship with the little tubes of life-saving now. Hurrah.
O.K. What have I done? Somebody please put me out of my misery. How did I get this underlining to happen.... and more importantly, how do I turn it off?! I have looked through all my blog tabs etc and still no clue, so is it something I have touched on my 'puter? There are going to be so many people thinking ' surely she is having a Steffi- everyone knows about underlining!' But I genuinely don't. I know other things instead... like guinea pigs have only three toes on their back feet, and not four like the front ones. Stuff like that. Stuff of no particular value really. Well, unless you're a guinea pig trying to find some well-fitting Jimmy Choo's. As a thank you for showing up my disgraceful secretarial skills I will send out a Butterfly print to the first person to put me right- but there are two conditions...
1. The answer has to be on the blog here and not the Facebook copy feed,
2. There must be no alluding to the undeniable fact I am a bit of an eejit.
There. Fancy helping a lass out and getting a free bit of art to boot? I'll sort posting via email to the clever and quick.
Mm. Just had a terrible thought. What if this blip doesn't show up on posting. If this happens I'll switch to plan B- could you kindly disregard the second part of my posting please!!!! I'm going to push the publish button now.... here goes

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the painting and the viewpoint.
Not sure what you have done re underline, has Blogger got a strike through icon? Perhaps you toched this or something similar.try doing a short post and see if it happens againy ou can always delate it,
Perhaps its blogger throwing a wobbly!

~Babs said...

HAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHA
I am SO relating!
Too bad for me I could never qualify for the give-away,,,,being the first class edjit that I am.
Hope you get your answer,,I'd just ignore it and go on down the road myself, pretending I knew I was doing it. Just like I already knew those facts about the toes.
#:-D
Gorgeous painting,,,,and you'll pull it out in time,,,,I have no doubts. Never tried the fast drying oils,,,I've heard people loving them, and people swearing at them. Whatever works is GOOD!

Serena said...

Hi Chris, nope! Blogger doesn't have a strike through that I can find- this bit on the comment form is ok so maybe it was as you said- blogger throwing a wobbly!!! When I get time I will post a short line or two to check it out. Thanks for your comments btw :o)

Serena said...

I'm glad that tickled your fancy Babs- we are birds of a feather indeedy!!!! I'm going to have to google this now!! Or just shut my eyes and hope it goes away, as per anything remotely challenging! One thing has gone to plan though- the painting is finished! Hoorah :o)

~Babs said...

Just popping in to say hi,,,and HOOOORAY for a finished painting!

Serena said...

Hiya Babs!! I'm still here... just having a little recharge of the batteries!!! I think your lakeside 'pad' would be a lovely place to stop by for some r and r!! x