Tuesday 26 January 2010

Happy New Year....


Oops! I believe I have left it a little late to wish everyone a happy 2010, but better late than never. The prodigal painter returneth finally, after an eight week absence. My sincere apologies to my regular readers for the quiet fingers of late..... my digits were superglued together by a gum that lasts for two months, and then magically disappears. Not really. I just needed the break! I will endeavor to pick up my slack ways and get a-posting regularly as to be honest, I miss the comments! I hope everyone is in the finest of fettle and getting back into the swing of the New Year.
It has been a quiet January so far, which means all the small things and bits that have been put aside can now be sorted out properly. I have been very lucky though to have picked up several commissions already, and diverse ones at that which is always a bonus for me. Most of the commissions have been glass panels which I find do not photograph well ( much like me when I have just woken up) so I thought I would post this little chappie instead. He is Dylan and a birthday present for someone, so I hope for a change that there is at least one person who doesn't read this blog as I will have ruined their surprise! Hope you like him....

4 comments:

Norma Pugh said...

Welcome back! Love the picture, although not my favourite dog. Sure the owner will love it. You always capture the spirit of the dog or horse which you paint. Hope 2010 is a great year. Love Mems and Peps XX

~Babs said...

I've missed you and your wonderful work Serena; welcome home!
Dylan is adorable,,,,,look at that sweet face! His Mom and Dad will be so pleased!
And the yummy colors,,,I so love enlarging and seeing the blue and so forth in it.
Your time away has not taken the edge from your work one bit, and I look forward to seeing all your new commissions.
Hugs,,,,

Serena said...

Dear Mems and Peps,
hello again! It's so nice to see you back too!! I have a good idea what your favourite dog is... and who, bless her! I really should get round to putting her on this blog... but I fear the other dogs will pale in comparison! Big hugs as ever xxxx

Serena said...

Dear Babs,
oh it's so good to be back and to link up again:))))) I have missed your lovely comments over the months and you have given me such a welcome, friend. Thank you for your lovely comments.... it has been great nipping over to you again too! xxx