Saturday 7 May 2011

When the Saints go marching in........



to the Championship League! Congratulations to all connected with Southampton Football Club from fans to players, and everything in between.... have a picture of a red and white flower to celebrate with! It's the least I can do.....

Right, onto equally important matters such as new ideas for the gallery, and keeping things fresh and exciting. I enjoy a lot of experimentation as do many other creative, arty farty types and find happy accidents lead to some fantastical results. A prime example being the lamps I do. I recently saw a television program where slivers of semi precious stones were scanned and the results printed on silk. The colours were so vibrant and reminded me of the glass paints I use. So a fun morning was had, scanning the more abstract of the lamps and taking out interesting sections to blow up and print onto canvas. The colours were fantastic on the canvasses- the light from the scanner really picks up the luminosity of the special paints. The upshot means people can now buy a combination of a complementary, contemporary abstract canvas to go with the lamp they like.... all for under the price of a football shirt, a ticket and petrol money to get to St Mary's!

( That's £80 to anyone with math as bad as mine!)

2 comments:

~Babs said...

Serena, so GOOD to see you!
I've thought of you often, but haven't been blogging myself lately, as we've been relocating.
Hopefully, I'll find my art toys in all the unpacked boxes soon.
Meanwhile, it's super great to see your work!
XOXO

Serena said...

Thank you Babs!!
Great to see you too- I will come a knocking and read what you have been up to.... it all sounds very exciting,!!!

Hope all is well with you and yours and that the new place is everything you wish for :)) xxxx