Wednesday 3 September 2008

Oscar the Tibetan Terrier....


Hmm. Posting this blog via an old laptop- so it is this font or nothing else! I'm not complaining. What this 'puter lacks in memory-sapping typefaces, it more than makes up for in warmth for my lap! This is just a quick post to keep on top of things. The new domain for YourStART has now been registered etc., and is just waiting to be uploaded. Mike has now added 5 more art templates to choose from and fine-tuned his services package. I too have been busy, and completed 4 more commissions of the freeform abstract glass panels that are proving very popular. As a busman's holiday I did this little chappie for a friend of ours. I don't often do pet portraits, but it got such a rapturous reception, I may do more! Apparently these little Tibetan Terriers are lightning quick, mini sheep herders and have flat feet so they can stand on fences. Well.....it seems very plausible to me.

(Might just go google this now!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Good, I cannot do annimals, you capture it very well, hope we will see more of your glass panals!

Serena said...

Thank you Chris- as for the panels there are another two drying as we speak! It's nearly turning into a regular job!!!

Norma Pugh said...

Oh Serena, He is gorgeous. You are so clever, and what about the wonderful Cassie you painted. See you very soon!! Love Mems and Peps XX

Serena said...

Now she really was a beautiful dog, bless her. It's only a pleasure, to paint her. I have just got another commission on the strength of this one- rah!
Can't wait to see you... adam ant!! x

~Babs said...

I'd never heard of Tibetan Terriers,,,I'll have to do the Google thing too.
We have a Sheltie,,,also a sheep herding dog.
Beautiful job you did on this painting,,,I can see the personality!
I've only done one dog portrait,,,well, that was any good anyway.

Serena said...

I love the coat on a Sheltie- they are such a dainty looking breed but hard working with it. I don't know about you, but I get bogged down with really hairy subjects... it's prolly why I paint my husband every now and again for a break!!!!! Ha! x