Friday 14 August 2009

Another dog portrait...


This space is fast becoming a doggy blog! As promised here is the second of the two ladies I was commissioned to paint. I am so pleased with this one and how it turned out. Black is such a hard colour to get any life into but I've managed it well, I think. She wasn't a natural in front of the camera and kept putting her ears back whenever I moved the lens towards her, looking more like a sea lion than a dog. Luckily I have a good zoom, so managed to capture her unawares while she played. Now all I have to do is frame them up and hand them over- although I wouldn't mind keeping this one for posterity!

2 comments:

Ian said...

Serena,

Now that is very, very good. You should be extremely proud of that.

Serena said...

Thank you Ian for your kind words, and shh! Don't tell anyone...... but I am!! :o)