Tuesday 17 June 2008

Two more oil paintings......



Um. Bad girl! Fancy not posting for yonks!
Here's two more oil paintings hot of the press. One is an impressionistic night scape of a beautiful little town in Greece, called Agia Efimia. My reference point was a corker of a photo that our Mems took. We smile every time we see it, so I thought I'd immortalise the scene in oils. Very self-indulgent, but it was a cracker of a holiday, and who said you can't enjoy yourself at work! I am merely redressing the balance of the many long hours it took to paint a tractor once...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!
The other painting is the fifth nude of six for the exhibition. I put the wedding ring in for a bit of drama and added interest, and have entitled it 'The Decision.' I hastily add this has abso-bloomin-lutely no bearing on our marriage here at SerenArts, just in case the Paparazzi are reading this. Although, truth be told I hardly ever wear my wedding ring- my hands are always covered in some sort of paint or other! I know I'm not alone in this, surely? No?
(See, I told you I was a bad girl!)


I am also an ejit- forgot the measurements! Agia 32"x12", and The Decision 24"x 32".

2 comments:

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Oh I love the night scape. You have some amazing work :)

Norma Pugh said...

We have just caught up on your blog. Some beautiful work but I am just blown away by the oil painting Decision. Degas was the first thing that sprang into my mind. Can't wait to see the original. You are an inspired artist. Love Mems and Peps XX